Merlis Belsher Place – Hockey and Basketball Facility
University of Saskatchewan
Design Work has been completed on the new Hockey and Basketball facility at the University of Saskatchewan. Construction is fast-tracking and occupancy is anticipated for the beginning of the hockey season in the fall of 2018.
The new facility features a 3,500 seat rink facility for Huskie hockey games and other major events.
The 16,000 m2 (172,000 ft2) facility contains the following:
- One rink with seating for 3,500 spectators
- A second rink with minimal spectators
- Large gym facility divisible into two (2) full-size basketball courts.
- Physiotherapy Area
- Physical fitness training facilities
- Sports medicine area
- Dressing rooms, training rooms, change rooms and related amenities.
- Public areas including food and drink service, lounge and spectator seating.
The mechanical ventilation system features large-scale dehumidification to maintain proper humidity levels during hockey events.
The mechanical system is also capable of supporting other entertainment events such as concerts and large gatherings.