Academic Health Sciences E-Wing
University of Saskatchewan
The Academic Health Sciences E-Wing is located along College Drive at the University of Saskatchewan.
The project is a new building that is connected back to the existing Academic Health Science complex.
This large 25,000 m2 project integrates office and support space for a variety of health science programs.
Simulation labs for nursing, pharmacy and medicine are provided.
The facility is connected to and receives it’s heating and cooling from the central campus utilities:
- High Pressure (125 psi steam)
- Central campus chilled water
This project has achieved LEED Gold Certification
This energy efficient complex was modeled to consume only 50% of the energy of the MNECB reference building. Subsequent reports back from the University of Saskatchewan confirms our modeling projections and notes that the project is the least energy intensive of its type on campus.
The mechanical design features the following:
- Chilled Beam Technology for cooling and ventilation
- Hot water radiant ceiling panels for perimeter heating comfort.
- Displacement Ventilation for the 500 seat lecture theatre
- Ventilation AHU’s utilizing double heat wheels to provide heat reclaim and dehumidification
- Variable speed motors on fans and pumps
- Cascaded exhaust airflows through the underground parkade to minimize make-up air costs
- Major Data Centre utilizing in-row coolers with hot and cold aisle separation, and a dedicated chilled water plant incorporating free-cooling.
- Solar collectors for heating domestic hot water
- Storm water retention pond